Monday, January 26, 2009



Happy Birthday Toby!! :) Toby had a Kung Fu Panda birthday party. It was so much fun. We had family and friends over. What's a party without a pinata, right? Toby cracked that thing open on his first swing! We of course let every kid take a few swings at it even though it was empty. :)
So all the kids at the party got these Kung Fu Panda character masks. We had to pop the eyes out of them. Kyle, Jahde and Brandon then put those eyes to good use!!!



Toby loved the new Jazz Jersey his dad sent him. It even has HIS name on the back :) He also got a remote control batmobile which he's quite excited about. It was so cute as he was opening a present and someone said "oh a coloring book" and then Toby's friend Chase said "Not just ANY coloring book, that's a STAR WARS coloring book" haha Kids are so cute!


In this picture, Toby is smiling ear to ear while opening a greeting card that plays the star wars theme.
Thanks to all of our family and friends for celebrating with us and helping to make it a special day for Toby!
Preparing for and hosting a party on one foot is kinda exhausting lol
And now a trip down memory lane :)

Age 5 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme

Age 4 Star Wars Theme

Age 3 Dinosaur Theme

Age 2 Dinosaur Theme (yes, my boys have liked dinosaurs a lot)

Toby turning 1 .... no theme.... no pic of a cake, except what's being eaten!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Tara, those cakes are amazing! What a great mom you are! How did you put the whole party together with one leg?!

Bonny said...

Oh cute, he's so grown up! Your cakes are amazing. I'm putting in orders for my kids' birthdays. :)

Company EIGHT said...

As usual, you did a fabulous job. Love all your cakes! Toby is so cute--what a handsome boy! Happy Birthday Toby!!!

Alison said...

Did you make all those cakes? I need some lessons!! Looks like you all had lots of fun!

Heidi said...

I agree with everyone, your cakes are amazing. I can't believe you did it one legged this year. Wow. I am so not good at decorating cakes. I think that is why I appreciate the talent in others! Happy Birthday, Toby.

Guymon Family said...

Holy shnikies (I wonder if I spelled that right)! What cute cakes and funny faces! I think the dinosaurs are my favorites. We gotta get together sometime. We are nearing the end of construction maybe just a couple weeks and then we need to hang out!

word verification: salmiast (that's a good one)

Jana said...

hello professional cake maker--totally impressed!

toby told me about his b-day coming up and he was so excited talking about bring treats to school and his party. i would be to with cakes like those.

he is so cute and very social.
(i discovered this on the drive to school)

Sharlee said...

Awesome, Tara. You're the birthday queen! My kids would think I was the coolest mom in town if I even put half the effort you do into their birthdays. Geesh.