Saturday, January 10, 2009

What this time of year brings....

If you've had eperience with steroids, you'll understand this post. If you haven't -be thankful- and know I'm not exaggerating. :) Toby has had a lazy taco (corn chips, chili, lettuce, sour cream,and salsa) every single day, for both breakfast and lunch for several days now. Not only is he eating it all the time, but he's eating a TON of it. He has an adult size portion with seconds. It is so funny to me how these cravings effect him. Nothing else is even remotely appealing to him. But at least he'll usually eat something else for dinner right?
We went to a BYU basketball game the other night, courtesy of Children with Cancer Christmas Foundation. We've got some BYU fans in our family, so we were really excited and thankful to go. They had us and the other cancer families meet 8 minutes before halftime. At halftime they had us line up on the court and showed a short clip about CCCF and some of the CCCF families. Then they had us walk across the court, smiling and waving. I had no idea what to expect and thought it would be simple. The crowd rose to their feet and started applauding all these sweet children with cancer. They also played John Williams Olympic Theme as we walked. It brought tears to my eyes. I thought it was awesome!


We were bombarded with snow a couple days ago. Lily and DJ really enjoyed playing in it. It was so cute....I had DJ in his snow clothes, but no boots yet and he was standing at the door "talking" and anxiously waiting. I held up his boots and he ran over to me. Once I put his boots on, he bolted for the door and screamed like a girl. It was hilarious. Then Uncle Bret stopped by and he and the boys threw a ball for his dog Ally out in the snow. They had a blast!

6 comments:

Andi said...

Lazy taco sounds good to me...

Company EIGHT said...

The BYU game sounds awesome Tara! What a neat thing for them to do.

Alison said...

Cute pictures Tara! That was fun to see Bret. I bet he is a fun uncle! I always thought he was so much fun as a kid!! Thanks for sharing your lives!! Love, Alison

Bonny said...

It sounds like you sure have fun amid your crazy times. Funny when they eat so much, though I can't fathom the amounts your talking, but my 5yo is on a spurt and surprises me every meal.

Kim Chapman said...

What a neat foundation and experience. Thanks for sharing your amazing attitude about life. I admire you!

Heidi said...

Cute pictures. It sounds like you guys have had a lot of fun. I would have gotten teary eyed to at the game with the music and all!