Friday, January 23, 2009

"Uh Uh"



The other night we were having fun with Derek's vocabulary. Our entire family was sitting on our bed and asking DJ to say different words he knows. I said "say Momma" he said "momma". Kyle said "say dadda", he said "dadda". Toby said "say bottle", he said "bottle". Say on, on. Say eye, eye. Say no no, no no. Say hi, hi. DJ repeated each word perfectly, keeping us all asking for more words. After a while Dave said "say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious", he said "Uh Uh" LOL We all laughed SO hard. It was hilarious!!!! Each night our family does a cheer before we go to bed in conjunction with scripture study and family prayer. We make up our cheer during FHE each week to reinforce the principles that week. Well this week we couldn't resist and our cheer is - Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, then in turn we say uh uh(dave), uh uh(me), uh uh(kyle), uh uh(toby), uh uh(lily) and then inevitably DJ will chime in with his UH UH.....usually even in rhythm lol.... it's so funny!
I am learning that having a broken food is much harder than I anticipated. I have so many things I want to do, wish I could do, need to do......and can't. I do not recommend breaking your right ankle to anyone!
And last but not least.....tomorrow is Toby's 6th birthday. This is his last birthday on chemo. I am planning on printing out Toby's caringbridge site and making it into a book for him to keep. I would appreciate it SO much if you would take a minute and sign his guestbook and wish him happy birthday. You can click on the link on the side of my blog if you lost or don't have the address. Toby has been through so much the past 3 plus years. His courage and strength have been phenomial. I want him to know how much he was loved. I want him to know that he has many wonderful people who pray for him and remember him. Thank you All!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Too Cute!! I love your blog! You are such a trooper! What a good mom you are!!

Company EIGHT said...

That is SO cute Tara! I love your idea of a cheer that coordinates with prayer & scripture--so creative and clever! It doesn't surprise me though. :)

Happy Birthday Toby! Yay for the last birthday on chemo!!

Bonny said...

That's Darren's favorite word. Uh uh. He says it whenever we try to get him to say a word :) I can't even believe he's changed that much from when we saw you last.

Happy birthday Toby! I know he hardly knows us but I think about him and you and your strength often. Way to go!

Guymon Family said...

Happy Birthday Toby! And sorry about the ankle. I absoloutely LOVE your family cheer idea!