Monday, March 30, 2009

*Oh to be young*




I went on a walking field trip with Toby's kindergarten class. We walked from the school to the Library, Fire Station and Post Office. The kids have been talking about neighborhood helpers, and got to go see, and talk to some in person. So, at the fire station, the fireman was explaining what to do in case of a fire. He asked the children what would happen if they got smoke in their eyes and a little girl shouted out "You'll DIE!" ha Then we went outside and talked with a police man and looked at his car. One of the children asked him why the police took people to jail. He explained that sometimes people make bad choices or break the law. One child asked the policeman if he'd ever gone to jail. haha Then another young boy proudly said "my mom has gone to jail!". haha I'm sure she was glad he told us all that!


I then took Kyle and Toby to the dentist (no cavities hoooray!). Toby came out and said he couldn't eat or drink anything for 30 minutes, and then became concened and asked me "mom, can I swallow?". *Aunt Kristin, I hope you're reading this lol* I said of course he could swallow. He then said, but there's spit in my mouth, and they told me I couldn't drink for 30 minutes. I laughed and told him that 'spit' wasn't considered a drink. He said, but don't you remember "Drink your spit!" hahahaha, *Aunt Kristin told one of her children to drink his spit after relentless asking for a drink on their loooong drive to Utah*. You have to know calm, patient, loving Kristin to really appreciate this.......too funny! :)


Then last night Dave was wrestling with the kids and Lily climbed up on his back and said "Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas! I got a Dog!" totally random, gave us a good laugh!!! :)

And seriously.......do we ever have this much fun eating?

7 comments:

Alison said...

Funny! Kids are so adorable and make life so much more fun!

schlenskefamily said...

Thanks for the phone tip, I got a good laugh. I can't believe Toby remembered that. Thanks for the kind words too, but obviously I am not too kind, loving and patient, am I!? Great pictures too! Love you!!!

Andi said...

Leave it to kids to tell all of our deep, dark secrets. ;)

Guymon Family said...

Well we just got back into town and I had to check on Lily. Your kids are remarkably brave. What a sweet little girl. I am soooo relieved that everythign went so well with her surgery. Your Ginormous post was great, and I know what you mean about "Calling all Parents" I am far far from perfect, but seriously people. It is just awesome to see pics of your kids just having a great time being kids. Will Lily continue to have much trouble after surgery? Or is the surgery supposed to resolve things? Also When is your Spring Break?

Bonny said...

Darren has that much fun eating :) But he's actually getting better. I love the funny things kids do.

Emily and Ethan said...

Love the last pic! Silas is such a mess when he eats to. You have a great perspective on it!

Heidi said...

Hilarious!