Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's not about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about dancing in the rain. My dear friend Courtney shared this quote with me one day when I was a bit down ... thanks Court! I will keep dancing! But let me just say...... A 3 year dance, 1/3 of it without a dance partner, sometimes with an extremely fast beat, and four children to teach all the dance moves to........ well, I'm exhausted! I do know that I've been blessed with a lavish dance floor, and an excellent dance partner at the moment, four kids who can really keep the beat, and the best dance instructor in the world, and for that I am grateful. I'm still tired though :)

7 comments:

Christen Noelle said...

Miss you! It was so glad to see you all when you came to Arizona...can't wait till next time!

Bonny said...

I like that. I haven't seen Courtney in forever. Take care and let me know if it is ever a good time to see you.

Sharlee said...

That's a great analogy. The question is, HOW do you dance in the midst of it all? I loved Elder Wirthlin's talk today on staying positive. When you feel like cursing or crying, laugh! I know people who can do that, but I'm not very good at it. Wouldn't that be great if that was your first reaction? That's something I need to work on. It sounds like you are doing as good a job or better than the rest of us. Keep it up! As someone said in one of the talks today "the best is yet to come." At least we can ALWAYS count on that, the key is remembering it in the midst of what seems like the darkest days of our lives. Love you!

Kim Chapman said...

I think you're a GREAT dancer :) Love that we can keep up through blogging. Take care and keep dancing!

Laura Bernard said...

I'm sure you are tired and exhausted all the time, but you are amazing and have such a great attitude that I'm sure you really do dance as much as you have strength to! Now I just need to learn to dance a bit better . . .

Guymon Family said...

We had some pretty awesome dance moves back in the day didn't we! It does get alot harder though. I hope you know we pray for you and think about you all the time. Don't give up!

behka said...

Love this thought. Thanks for sharing. I don't know if I didn't know you had a blog or assumed Toby's was your way of updating everyone, but glad to stop by! I am putting you on my blogrole. Dance on, my friend!