Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I love this time of year!






I really love the fall! I love it when it gets cool, but the sun is still shining! So why am I inside writing on my blog instead of enjoying the beautiful weather out there? ha I have no idea! But the cool, crisp air takes me back to Michigan and our time spent at the apple orchards.....oh so fantastic! I always thought I hated Michigan :) but the fall was absolutely beautiful and fun! I really miss it sometimes. Especially Uncle John's Cider Mill. I hope I get to take all of my kids there for a visit sometime soon.
I really enjoyed conference this weekend. I was really in need of a bit of a lift, and appreciate the opportunity to be lifted up. I also found that I was able to take more to heart this time, and apply things to myself, instead of thinking 'oh so-and-so could really benefit from this talk'.... yeah I'm sometimes quite pathetic. In between sessions, the kids and I made Gingerbread men. We have read The Gingerbread Man a few times lately, and love that book, so I thought it would be a lot of fun to each make one :) We didn't have a cookie cutter, so we shaped them with our hands, so they are a bit....um awkward looking lol It was fun, but also a bit of a pain..... and then our cookies didn't come to life, nor were they very tastey :) Even the frosting didn't entice us to eat them. So our Gingerbread men didn't need to run as fast as they could, cuz we were by no means going to chase them haha
Don't forget to check out our latest youtube videos (the link is in the sidebar) :)

7 comments:

Christen Noelle said...

You are such a fun mom!!! I miss you!

Bonny said...

Sounds fun. I loved conference too. I have a good gingerbread recipe if you want one. If you'd rather just make them for fun that's ok too!

Sharlee said...

You are so ambitious. Between sessions of conference I'm usually just trying to get away from my kids so that I can stand sitting with them for two more hours later. I'm such a nice mom.

Sharlee said...

Your kids are SO cute, by the way.

Kassie, Aaron and Boys said...

I am so glad that you guys have started a blog, It will be nice to keep in better touch. I also love this time of year it is so wonderful.

Kim Chapman said...

What a fun idea. You are very clever. I miss the falls in Michigan too. I grew up there, but clearly took them for granted. This is a wonderful time of year.

Alison said...

Tara,
What an inspiration you are, and a great writer too!! You are so talented! I love reading your updates on Toby and pray for you! Your kids are soo cute! I love the video of little Lilly singing! I have such great memories of us playing and giggling as children! Thanks for inspiring me to be a better person!!!