Wednesday, October 29, 2008

seriously

Isn't it so cute when babies start getting into everything.... including the dishwasher! haha DJ is a hoot. He is taking steps on his own, wobbly steps of course. He also has learned how to go up and down the stairs and would do it all day if I let him. He is almost 1 year old. I can't believe it.

Am I crazy for wanting to dress up like a Teletubbie for Halloween? I say no! My husband and children will smile and say no, but deep down they are praying I wont do it. Too late! HA! I've got it all worked out :) Think how many toddlers faces will light up when they see a life size teletubbie! Woohooo! I will definitely share a picture when I get one.
So I've officially been released from 2 of my callings in church (my third calling is ward chior - I know :) I was the music (what's the official name?) person?leader?directer?teacher?....ugh, I was in charge of the music in Relief Society, and I was on the enrichment commity. They released me and called me to be a teacher in Relief Society. This is a first for me. I have typically served in the primary, which I have loved!!! I am excited for the opportunity to strengthen my testimony as I study and prepare. I was also called in to meet with a member of the stake presidency. He then told me that they wanted me to serve as the Stake Relief Society President.... haha isn't he just the funniest, ya I thought so too! Then, in seriousness, he asked me if I would be willing to be the stake Athletic Director for the Young Women. I accepted. I have never served in Y.W. either and I'm very excited about this calling as well. Thank goodness my husband is very supportive! My kids too, but they don't know that they have a choice not to be :)

5 comments:

Sharlee said...

DJ is so cute. Sounds like a busy body.
You will be a great R.S. teacher. I was in the Primary for soooo long and then suddenly got called to be R.S. teacher. For me it was so scary, especially at first, but soon learned how to rely on the spirit and how to feel the peace that the spirit brings (not to mention the names of the sisters so that I could call on them and not just point). It was a great experience for me. It taught me a lot about myself.
You are a fun lady to dress up as ANYTHING on Halloween. My kids are lucky if they get a costume. You are supermom in my book!

Bonny said...

DJ is cute, but my D drives me crazy!!! I'm chasing him everywhere as he constantly has something he shouldn't. We don't have stairs in the main part of our house and he refuses to learn how to do down them. Oh well. I miss you and I hope you are doing okay. Luckily I've never had that many callings. Besides enrichment committee, I've been in Primary mostly. Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it. Oh yeah, that doesn't surprise me about the costume, knowing you!

LilMisfit said...

Holy cow on having lots of callings! Is your ward/stake small enough that people need to double up like that? Reminds me of Shadow Mountain Ward, but I wouldn't expect that in Utah. Well, you will be an EXCELLENT RS teacher! Good for you on serving so much. And that pic of DJ is adorable!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

do you have a blog JamJam? I'll bet you were soooo freaked out on halloween with the animal costumes. Probably had to medicate to go out even, poor thing :) Choir is hardly a calling, and I think the other two are because I have a LOT to learn! And thanks y'all, for the confidence in my mad teaching skills!

schlenskefamily said...

I must agree that you will do well in Relief Society. And really, why DID you have so many callings in a ward your size? I know you are excessively talented, but my goodness!
DJ is adorable. I can't wait to see him in person! And my daughters name is Grace. Just think of Amazing Grace and you'll remember. I wanted to thank you for the heads up on taco bell too. Ben lost his cell phone, so he always has mine. But, sometime I will call! Lots of love!