Monday, July 27, 2009

~old fashioned photos~









We went to the Hopekids (www.hopekids.org) old fashioned family picnic! It was out at Antelope Island. We had a lot of fun! It was soooooo windy though, it was nuts! So on our drive out there, we told the kids to watch for Bison. Evidently Lily missed that part of our conversation, because as we approached one of these mangy animals, Lily shouted out in pure excitement "WHAT THE! A MOOSE!!" We all laughed so hard! :)

Since we were already up North, we swung by the Hill Airforce Museum. DJ LOVES airplanes, so we couldn't pass it up. :) Ever since Hopekids provided us the opportunity to see the Air show up there, DJ has been obsessed with airplanes, helicopters and jets.
We Love Hopekids!!!
Besides the awesome opportunities they have provided us, we have met many wonderful people/friends. Hopekids sends out a daily inspirational message that I so often need. I find myself quoting them saying "Hope is a powerful medicine".... I truly believe that!
Recently I read an article about T-cell ALL and the 'very high' rate of relapse, of which is not treatable/curable. It got me so sad and scared. But I wont give up hope.

8 comments:

Guymon Family said...

Hey stranger cute pics! Are you going to the reunion? I don't think I will. I pretty much talk to everyone I care to talk to anymore with a few exceptions, but Candice and Cami are both coming up this weekend and I would hate to miss time with everyone. Candice and Cami both have family reunions and class reunions too on Sat. so it's possible I guess, but Moroni is just so far away. What are your plans?

Heidi said...

Cute pictures!

Looks like you have had a lot of fun!

Bonny said...

Those pictures are fun. Sounds like you had a great time. What you aren't crazy busy you sure seem to have fun!

Alison said...

Cute pictures!! Definitely little pioneers(:

Company EIGHT said...

I love all the pics, especially the old-fashioned ones. Hopekids sounds so wonderful--

vicky said...

Those are such fun pictures!! Wish we could have gone...

schlenskefamily said...

Darling pictures. I especially love Lily's!

morrisfamily said...

Those are such fun "old fashioned" pictures! We missed you all this year and look forward to seeing you at Jordan's reception.

Love you all,
Karen