Tuesday, August 4, 2009

*bruised head*

When you read the title of my blog *bruised head* I'll betcha you wonder which one of my children is spending a day in the dr.'s office...right? But you're so wrong! It's me! Nothing serious....no need to panic.... but totally retarded that my head is bruised. In Relief Society (church) on Sunday, I had the cutest little girl crawling around me. :) She kept reaching under my chair and bumping against my legs and such. I finally realized that she had lost a little toy ball under my chair. I quickly thought to myself 'I don't want her to get hurt and bump her head on my chair or anything... I'll get that for her'. Without a second thought (obviously lol) I leaned forward and BAM! Whacked my forehead forcefully on the chair in front of me! It was loud enough that I was suddenly the focus of the room! The crazy part is, I had been teary eyed through the lesson, and no doubt, some of those women thought I was crying from my bump lol hahaha




Jahde, Brandon, and Lexi are here with us right now (for 10 days). Lexi is constantly saying things that make me laugh. She told me that she was born in the year 2012. I kindly told her that that wasn't possible. She reassured me that she was indeed born in the year 2012. I then explained that the year 2012 hasn't happened yet, and maybe it's the year 2002. She told me to call her mom if I didn't believe her, because she was, in fact, born in the year 2012. I didn't call her mom :)
She also said, while thoroughly enjoying her Doritos, "I wish I was a chip, that way I could lick myself". haha

Toby lost his first tooth! He's very excited about it!!! The tooth fairy keeps forgetting to come (I told him I'd spank her when she finally dares shows her forgetful face)!




My mom and I went to the little local airport the other day with my kids and their cousins. I know I mentioned before that DJ loves airplanes, so I thought this would be the perfect outing. The kids got to sit in the driver seat of both an airplane and a helicopter. They learned about them....how to make them fly, and why/how that works. Then we got to watch some small aircraft take off and land and walked around and looked at some of the planes that were parked there. It was pretty cool

And last, but not least :) DJ followed me out in the garage the other day. I came in and left the door open, assuming he was following me. It had been a couple of minutes and he hadn't returned, so I asked Kyle to please check on him. Kyle was laughing and told me to grab the camera and come check it out. :) haha.

Well I'm off to take Brandon to his orthodontic appointment in AF! Tomorrow it's SLC/PCMC for Toby's clinic visit. Thursday it's Lehi for family pictures, then the YW stake sports night ...... I really need a nap! Oh, and Dave is flying to China on Saturday for work (the same day his kids head home). If anyone wants to come over and force me to take a nap, I wont stop you. :)

9 comments:

Andrea said...

That dang tooth fairy is SOOOoo forgetful. Here's what we do at our house to ensure the pleasure of her company:
After at least two mornings in a row of forgetting, I tell my sad, near-tears child, "Did you look everywhere? Check again...sometimes the tooth fairy likes to hide the money for you to find!" When child leaves the room I quickly grab some money and hide it (not too well). She (child) is always overjoyed to discover her hidden treasure, and tries to come up with reasons why the tooth fairy would hide her money on, say, the piano. She's come up with some doozies - I should have written them in my journal. At any rate, it has saved my bacon on more than one occasion. Err, I mean the tooth fairy's bacon.

Company EIGHT said...

That darn tooth fairy can be forgetful at our house too. :)

I wish I could come and force you to take a nap--you have a very busy week ahead of you!!

Sorry about the bruised head. :(

LilMisfit said...

Sorry about your head! I am SO clumsy... I do that kind of stuff ALL the time. It's so irritating.

On a happier note, your children are just darling! Thank you for all of the cute pictures in this post!

Jordan Merrell said...

I am so sorry about your head. For me its more of a bruised ego than head :) haha. I nail my head on my car pretty regularly. It hurts so bad but I end up laughing at myself :) Your kids are so dang cute! And your old fashion family photos made my day! Those are great!! Maybe the tooth fairy just leaves a little extra money when she gets too busy to make it that night. :)

Alison said...

The tooth fairy is late too our house too. I think he is just sooo busy that it takes a few days for your name to reach the top of his list. Your funny. I wish I could have been in relief society when you bonked your head, not to laugh of course, but to apply some ice(:

Bonny said...

It was so fun to see you at the reunion. That is so funny about your head. I've done that a ton of times :) Try to survive the next few days and then we should try to get together.

Lynette said...

Hi Tara,

I just found your blog and had fun reading it and seeing all of your cute pictures. Makes me think it would be fun to make a blog of my own. By the way, I don't think that you are a lemon...and even if you were, I love lemonade. It is so hard to stay positive with all of the trials and chaos going on around us. I wish there was a way for us mom's to get more positive feedback in our lives. And you are right...my first thought about the head was, "What has happened now, and to which child?" LOL
I bet you felt so silly...but it was a small price to pay to protect a child, right?

Heidi said...

Our toothfairy had a problem of showing up too. She seems very forgetful. You know, at our house, it wasn't like that for the first two. They always had her show up on time! LOL

Hope you are doing okay!

Sharlee said...

Wow. You're a busy lady. No wonder the dang toothfairy doesn't show up when summoned by a child. (That's never happened at my house).
We have 2 appointments at Shriners this week (luckily on the same day) and in and out surgery at Primary Children's next week. I'm already a bundle of nerves just thinking about it along with school starting and all. Blahh!