Tuesday, April 7, 2009

*Ryhming and Signing with Love*

Lily and I were rhyming. I would say a word, and she would come up with a word that rhymed. She was doing great, and decided to quiz me in return. She asked me what rhymed with 'tree'. I answered, 'three'. She said "no, that's not right, the word is 'bee'". I just kinda chuckled to myself, and we sat in silence for a moment. Then in her sweetest voice, Lily said "Mom, I still love you". It's nice to know that even when I am 'wrong', she still loves me haha :)



For Family Home Evening we were singing the song I Love to See the Temple. The kids know some sign language to this song, and were signing along as they sang. (I'm really not sure I should post about this but it was so funny!) At the end of the song, the lyrics are 'a family is forever'. The sign that the kids do there is sorta like the letter F in sign language, done with both hands, hands starting together, making a circle and rejoining. (Now this is only funny because it was completely and totally innocent!) So when Toby's hands made the circle and rejoined, and as he sang 'a family is forever', his two middle fingers were the only fingers that were standing up tall, they circled around and faced out towards the rest of us. Dave and I looked at each other wide eyed and then we both started laughing. Toby still has no idea what he did. He has no idea he made a sign completely contradictory of the one he was trying to make. I'm glad he has no idea! We of course made sure to show him a more accurate way to sign! :)

10 comments:

Andrea said...

That IS why it's so funny - cause it's so innocent and cute. One of my favorite pictures of my middle child is of her giving us the "double bird," showing us her hangnails. I keep wondering whether or not I should scrapbook it?

Alison said...

Love it! Very funny! I really like Lilly telling you she still loves you even though you can't ryme.

Kim Chapman said...

I love it. Kids do the cutest things. Not that that's cute, but you know what I mean.

Company EIGHT said...

I totally love it! I'm so glad you write these things down--it will be so fun to remember then years from now!

behka said...

That is hillarious! I still love you, too!

Jordan Merrell said...

I love it! I love when kids do things like flip you off and they have no idea what they are doing!

Jana said...

funny that the only thing he knows is when he sticks up his two middle fingers it makes you guys laugh. how do you not laugh at things like that though. and your so right that its funny because its done in innocence.
i can picture his cute little face as he does it too!

Jana said...

oh, and we totally will have lily over for a 'tea party' soon!

Emily and Ethan said...

I am so glad you posted that story, LOL! Kids are too cute, I can just watch them for hours

Bonny said...

Sweet. My kids tell me they still love me all the time :) I'm a grumpy prego though so...

I wish I was feeling better. We need to get together sometime!