Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Kyle!


Kyle celebrated his 11th birthday this month. He had 2 friends come over, and Dave took them to a movie. He got a backpacking backpack, so he's ready to go hiking with the 11 year old scouts! Kyle also earned his Webelos badge, and some achievement awards tonight. He is growing up too fast! He is such a responsible and mature young man. I know that I can trust him with anything I need. I'm so honored to be his mom. Kyle is the best older brother my other kids could ever ask for. He loves them, takes care of them and sets a wonderful example for them. When Toby was hospitalized in December, it was heartbreaking to hear him cry for his brother Kyle. He just wanted to go home to Kyle. It made us all cry when the boys would see each other, or have to say goodbye for the night. They are more than brothers, they are best friends.
And now, some previous birthday memories....


Steve Nash is one of Kyle's favorite NBA players :)


I think Kyle likes sports, don't you?!


This was such a fun birthday! We took this group of friends to the Phoenix Fire Station. They toured, dressed like firemen, pretended to drive the trucks, and sprayed the fire hose. The kids loved it! This birthday was not too long after Toby was diagnosed. You can see his cute little bald head :)


Kyle wasn't feeling well for this birthday :( Darcee and Daryl had planned such a fun day at an arcade with him, and he struggled to get through it and had a fever. Poor fella.



Yeah, I've made this dinosaur cake 4 times now I think.....and don't be surprised if it's DJ's next cake as well. Maybe he wont be as obsessed with dinosaurs as Kyle and Toby were (but I think it's genetic :)


This is probably one of my most favorite cakes that I've ever made. I used twinkies, junior mints, black licorice, fruit rollups, marshmallows and hohos! (well, and a cake, but duh, that's a given haha)

We've added a donation button through paypal on the blog, to accept donations to The Toby Wilson Leukemia Donation fund. You can read more about Toby on his caringbridge site, which is also posted on the sidebar.

5 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

Oh my goodness, 11!!! That means Ryan isn't too far behind!!
He is such a handsome boy--and good son and brother. Happy Birthday Kyle!

Alison said...

What a handsome guy, and you can tell just by looking at him that he is a sweet boy too!! Now who is his mom???? Those cakes are AWESOME!!! I have to make Kara a cake for her birthday this weekend. I am going to attempt a cat! I am sure it will look horrific!! Send me some tips!!!

Bonny said...

I only met him for awhile, but it was clear that he was a good brother and responsible. How nice. Happy birthday Kyle.

Heidi said...

Wow, those are amazing cakes. Yummy! :)

I can't believe that Kyle is that old. It seems like just yesterday we were scrapbooking while our kids "played" on the floor.

Bonny said...

Trent and Lichelle were in our ward, probably about the time I had Carlyn. Then she emailed me after seeing my name on your caring bridge site actually to tell me he was your cousin :) We have kept in touch ever since. Small world, huh?