Friday, March 5, 2010

~lightyears of catching up~




Wow, I am behind! Toby turned 7 on January 24th, then I turned, ummmmm 29, and then Kyle turned 12 on February 12th. My boys are so grown up! One more year and Toby will be baptized!!!
We had a bit of a Star Wars theme for Toby's birthday. Toby was beyond excited about his birthday present! He has been begging for either AT-TE or the Clone Turbo Tank for star wars for months now! He really wanted one or the other for Christmas, but we just couldn't pay that much for something. Then right after Christmas, it went on sale.... HALF OFF! I called Marc (his dad) and explained the situation and that we wanted to split the half off cost with him........but he decided to just go ahead and buy it for him :) so we gave Toby the clone troopers to go with it! I have a video of him on youtube opening his present and jumping around and screaming.. quite funny lol (there's a link to my youtube site if you're at all interested :)



We also celebrated Toby's birthday by going to a Grizzley's Hockey game with the Leukemia Lymphoma Society! They had invited us to join them and have Toby stand in a survivors tunnel for the hockey team to enter through, but when they found out it was his birthday, they asked if he wanted to drop the puck! He was so excited and really had a great time! Our good friends, the Kimmings, went to the game with us, as did my dear friend Claire, who is running a marathon for LLS team in training.




Kyle is now 12....a deacon..... and passed the sacrament for the first time on Sunday!!!!! He makes his momma proud! He also got a really cool gift from Marc, an Arizona Cardinals football, signed by a whole bunch of the team. :) His cake.... well, I couldn't decide what to do lol He loves cows and unicorns, so I combined the two lol. He and I went with his good friend Bailey and Bailey's mom to the movie The Lightening Thief....it opened on his birthday :) <
Kyle and Bailey made it to district with their science fair project How Does Light Affect Fish Behavior?. They placed in district, and will now be going on to state at BYU.
Look at these kids! Aren't they the cutest kids ever? (besides your own of course lol) I love being a mom and I love my kids!

10 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

Wow, what an awesome experience for Toby to get to "drop the puck". Happy birthday to all of you who have turned a year older recently. p.s. I love your birthday cakes. You are talented!

Andrea said...

Those cakes are so cute! And so are the kids. I don't know why, but when I saw one of those pictures, I think it was Kyle, smiling so big, I thought, "Wow, those kids are so lucky to have a mom like T-licious. I'll bet they appreciate her more than she knows." So there you have it.

Company EIGHT said...

Of course, you made the cutest cakes around! Happy Birthday to all of you, lol!

Kyle...a deacon? Craziness.

vicky said...

Congrats on the science fair project! You are such a good mom!
And I love all the star wars stuff! Very cool!

Alison said...

Love your update!!

Shari said...

Look at you doing such a nice big blog! Your kids are darling. What a fun thing to go to the Grizzly game. You are a really fun mom.

Lynette said...

I made a light sabre cake once, but yours is so much cooler. I love how you make birthdays a big deal. With all your kids you are probably always planning or celebrating a birthday, aren't you?

Heidi said...

Wow!!! Love the cakes and what a great experience at the hockey game! Your kids are adorable. I can't believe Kyle is in YM. All I can say is, Wow!

Emily and Ethan said...

you make the coolest cakes!!!! You are such a good mom I feel tired just from reading your blog lol! That is so cute that Toby was willing to go to in the ice rink on drop the puck. HAppy 29 birthday!!!!! LOL

Kim Chapman said...

What a coincidence, I'm almost 29 too!!! So fun to see you updates. You have a beautiful family and you are amazing and talented!!!