Friday, October 9, 2009

~Leukemia strikes again~

My friend posted this the other day, and of course, having dealt with Leukemia in our lives, I will do what I can to help.

"There is a little girl named Taylie who is 4 years old and recently diagnosed with AML Leukemia. Her family is obviously terrified and drowning in medical bills that are only going to get higher. I came across a link to her blog, and really felt inspired to help out, and any one can do it too. It just takes a minute of your time to help this family. If you want to help all you need to do is write a short introduction about Taylie on your blog with a link to http://www.tayliebug.com/ then go to adashofseason.blogspot.com and leave a comment there indicating you made the link on your blog and you're done! Someone has offered to donate $2 for every blog with her link as long as you indicate you have done so on adashofseason.blogspot.com. So easy for a family that could really use some help."

Sometimes the smallest and simplest things, can mean the world to someone who is going through something like this. I love to see such beautiful acts of love and service.

5 comments:

schlenskefamily said...

You are great! I feel badly because I kept meaning to donate to your walk and forgot! I'm glad you reached your goal anyway despite my lack of organization! I loved your fall photos. I also love fall, but we seem to skip it here. It is 18 degrees with windchill today and is snowing. Arg. I wanted to tell you also that we forgot to bring your salsa home with us on our trip. We got here and Ben said, "Shoot! Did we forget Tara's salsa!?" We were devastated. We sure loved seeing you.
Love you!

Andrea said...

So fun to see you the other day! I will definitely do the link thing to help in a small way - what a good idea!

Andrea said...

Oops - I'm such a dork! I didn't know there was a time limit to do the link thing. Dang it. I waited too long.

likeschocolate said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I made a comment on the website for your friend. It has been a long time since you guys left Michigan, and we are now in Georgia. Do you remember when we took the boys to the pumking patch? I also wanted to let you know that we loved the music classes that you use to give. I wish I could remember some of the words. I am glad you are doing well. Kelleyn

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis. She is such a cutie! AML is definitely the worse one to get. I did donate to her fund and yours today! Take care, love you!