Monday, September 21, 2009

*good times = picture overload* :)





Good Friends, good sport! Our dearest friends Janeal, Tanner and Cole, came over for a fun game of flag football. DJ and Lily ran in circles around the big boys lol



Happy 16th Birthday Jahde!!!! 16 is such an exciting age.... driving and dating. :) I hope this is a fantastic year for you!!! You are such an awesome son and brother! We love you.



We met our goal!!!! :) Thank you SO much to all of you who donated!!! Large or small, those donations make a difference, and mean the world to me (and lots of other families with children with life threatening illnesses). It's like giving $5 to say you care :) The Hopekids Wasatch Adventure walk was held at This is the Place Heritage Park. The kids enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air with star wars characters, activities like face painting, horseback rides, baby animals and trains :) Hopekids raised over $10,000, which was raised from Hopekids families and their supporters!!! They had an anonymous donor that matched up to $10,000, putting the funds raised to over $20,000!!! AWESOME! THANKS EVERYONE! WE LOVE HOPEKIDS!!! Medically speaking, our burden has been lighter, as Toby has finished his chemo treatment and is only going in for check ups/blood draws. But financially, our burden is heavy, and Hopekids provides us with acivities that we can do together as a family.... things that we would never be able to do or afford on our own. It has also helped us meet other families going through similar things that we have gone through, which provides great support. Seriously, Hopekids is a wonderful, wonderful blessing in our lives.











DJ put some woodchips on this little, innocent goats back. He looked up at Dave and smiled and said "I DID IT" haha :)
Dave sported a turtle on his cheek (probably the signature for our family's speed in the hope walk lol) This sparked 2 more tiny turtles to be born on Toby's and DJ's cheeks :) I had the Hopekids sun logo on my cheek and Lily had a cute flower. Kyle opted out of face painting even though I pressured him to show his support for BYU :) (maybe that turned out to be a good thing- after that sad loss)





9 comments:

Bonny said...

You must be like me and have a hard time choosing only a few favorites. Such fun pictures. Glad you had a great time.

Alison said...

Love the pictures!!!

Wilson Family said...

It looks like everyone had a great time! Cute pictures! What fun. . .and what a great resource to have to help lighten the emotional burdens that you guys still carry. I can't believe how big the kids are all getting!!!

ditndetes said...

Looks like a blast! Way to go!!! I miss you...

Unknown said...

Looks like lots of fun things happening at your house! The walk sounds like an awesome fundraiser, what a blessing.

Streetlights94 said...

How come the face painting we always get always turns out to be blobs? I go to the wrong places!

vicky said...

We also had a great time! Thanks for sharing your blanket with us! Wish we could have visited longer but I had to get kids home.

Lynette said...

It was good to see you yesterday! I love Hope Kids, too! I hope that blessings keep coming your way.

Company EIGHT said...

Great pictures Tara! What a wonderful resource you have--I'm so glad you have it.

You guys have such a cute family. I just love reading about what you're up to. I'm amazed as always--you are an incredible mom. I want to be like you when I grow up!!