Tuesday, September 1, 2009

~a bit about moi~

So I always post about everyone else, but rarely about me. And when it is about me, it's typically very whiney.....probably hard to stomach when reading :) I'm not promising that this post wont have some whining :)

Lily took this picture of me..... I was impressed with her camera snapping skills :)

So I get my words mixed up.....ummmm fairly frequently. I am well known for calling my friends Jenny and Kaneal, instead of Kenny and Janeal. I also commented that I could hear a 'DARK BOGGING'. It took my family and friends a while to figure out what I was saying and how I mixed it up. It wasn't a simple first letter swap like Kaneal, it was entire word switching. I was trying to say Dog Barking. Dark Bogging. Nowhere close eh? We laughed pretty good at that one! And most recent, I ran to the store. I pulled into the parking lot, parked my van, exited my van, looked around my van, and then mumbled under my breath to myself " I'm a parky crapper" which of course should have been "I'm a crappy parker". I laughed and felt completely foolish, as I "crapped parky" and laughed at myself out loud in public! And now as I sit here typing and eating, I dropped a pita chip with spinach dip down my shirt. I really know how to impress!!
So my calling is Stake Young Women's Athletic/Sports Director. I have really enjoyed this. We are getting ready to start up volleyball and I'm excited! Volleyball is, of course, my favorite sport! I am still playing with a group of fabulous women on Tuesday nights..... love it! I'm trying to get some co-ed VB going in our stake. Dave and I really enjoy playing together :)
I have moments in my life where fear is present. I know that fear and faith don't coinside, and I do my best, but sometimes I really do 'fear'. I say to myself "what if we lose our home" or "what if Toby relapses" or "what if my life never settles down". But I think in general my faith wins out over fear. I have my momentary panic, but then I'm able to tell myself "even if we lose our home, we have each other and we'll make it" or "even if Toby relapses, my Heavenly Father will comfort me and help us through it". So why fear at all when I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who is constantly watching over me? Because I'm not perfect.
My life hasn't been easy. Ever since Toby was diagnosed there seems to be constant stress. I have found myself wishing I could 'go back, before he ever got sick, back to a normal life'. It isn't that there aren't good parts of my life now, there are, wonderful parts! But there is so much stress that comes with 2 divorcees, sick kids, hospital bills and appointments, and what feels to be constant adjustment. But I know through it all that Heavenly Father has been lifting me up, helping me breathe one breath at a time. He has blessed me so much, even though sometimes it's hard for me to focus on, and hard to notice ALL that I have been blessed with.
So my ankle is healing, feeling better and better (yes a true blessing)! I am able to play volleyball at a skill level that doesn't make me crazy :) I have a court date set Sept 30th to fight my (what I consider to be frivilous) ticket. Even though I get sick to my stomach thinking about court, I do believe this is worth fighting. Ok I think that's enough about me :) lol


So Lily started preschool today!!! :) She did fabulous!

Toby had Miss Mary for preschool, we love her!




And while she was at school, DJ and myself picked up aunt Darcee and her boys to take another tour of the Spanish Fork airport (again) :) If you live close by, you gotta do this..... it's so much fun! Pilot Porter and passenger DJ.

See ya later cousins, I'm done. lol

10 comments:

Alison said...

Your funny, and I know because I remember never being able to stop giggling when I was with you! Love the picture too! I think Lilly should be a photographer!

Sharlee said...

What I love about you and your sisters is the way you laugh so easily. There's always a giggle just waiting to slip out--that's what made you so much fun to play with when we were young. That gift has probably helped you with life.
Your post made me cry because I can so relate (not to the divorce thank goodness, but to some of the stress). You have amazing faith that we can all learn from and I appreciate your testimony and example. Love you!

Company EIGHT said...

I loved this post! I agree with the pp--you are funny, have a great laugh, and are easy to be around. I also have always admired your ability with children--you always knew how to handle a difficult situation, to distract, to entertain, to teach, and to love.
Love you!

Oh, and how I wish we lived nearer to each other, because I would love to play volleyball again with you! We play every week too, and now my city league is starting up again. I've come a long way since the old days. :)

Andrea said...

Everyone already said what I wanted to say. Like Sharlee, I have often thought (since getting reaquainted via your blog) your ability to mother with a smile through struggles and uncomfortable situations must be a happy side effect of having such a cheerful disposition. I love your ability to laugh - at yourself, and anything else. It reminds me of our aunts.

Lynette said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could go back to life before cancer? I don't think I appreciated the little things before that, though. Sometimes it would be nice if Heavenly Father gave us a break from all of this "growth".

behka said...

That is a lovely pic of you and your familiy pics turned out AWESOME! Isn't life such a *wonderful* adventure? But whenever I see you, you have a big smile and are quick to find the humorous. You are such a good example to me, I need to learn to laugh a little more!

Bonny said...

Tara you always could make me laugh. I've been mixing my words up more lately so you must have rubbed off on me at the reunion:) You're a hoot and I love ya.

Streetlights94 said...

You still haven't walked down to talk to me :(

By the way, I've been told that "fear" is just "f"eelings "e"levated "a"bove "r"eason.

By the way, by the way, you pretty much are way awesome.

schlenskefamily said...

What fun it is to laugh together with you. I think you are especially blessed, mostly because you recognize your blessings! Thanks for being such a fun, supportive and awesome sister.

Sarah Beth??? said...

That is a cute pic of you! Good job Lily.

So you have just cracked me up about the getting words mixed up. I'm so glad that happens to someone other than me. For some reason whenever I try to say "function properly" it comes out punction froperly, and the only reason I know this, is because I used to always pray that my car would "punction froperly" while driving to and from college to my parents house when I had this old clunker. And it was fairly consistent that I would say it wrong. So anyway random bit of vocab trivia today, that word mix up thing actually has an official name. It's called a Spoonerism. I have always remembered that from high school vocab.

I loved all the pics you've been posting. Your kids are just so cute, and I love DJ's hair! Glad you guys are doing well.

Love you and miss you!