Wednesday, May 20, 2009



We stopped by the Rennessaince Festival on our way to Logan for Mother's Day weekend. We wanted to see jousting, but they didn't have any going on while we were there. It was interesting. The kids came home sporting foam swords and fairy wings, so it was well worth it to them :) We paid a dollar for Lily to ride a horse (good deal! you're thinking, right?) haha well they went in a circle about as big as our dining room table..... haha! At least Lily enjoyed it :)






Then we stayed with my dearest friend Courtney in Logan. We went to a crash derby..... the kids loved it! (I didn't get any pics there dang it.....and we even saw a car flip all the way over -- next time maybe ;) We also went to a little park/zoo that was a lot of fun. The kids made these cutes masks there. We spent Sunday with Chris (I just made and typo... typed Christ instead of Chris lol ironic.....suppose I spent Sunday with Christ as well) and Courtney and attended their church. I had so much fun! I was so glad we went. I swear we don't get out, unless it's to a Dr. appointment! Chris and Court..... thank you SO much for your hospitality and taking such great care of us! And for taking us fun places! It's your turn to come visit us now :)
Lily and her friend Cate

Lily and Toby watching a peacock (showing off feathers) and a big turtle!

So DJ was carrying a baby doll today and I told him to give it a kiss and he totally licked its' face ewwwww! Toby, Lily and I were laughing and then Lily said "DJ! That is NOT an ice cream cone!!!!!!" haha

Here is a cute video of Lily singing........again haha She just was making me laugh when she would try and sing the fast part :) C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E S-O-N-G song from Spongebob :)

8 comments:

jkmilligan said...

My husband grew up in Logan, his family still lives there. I know the Willow Park Zoo well.

Jana said...

lily is too cute and i so look forward to getting to know her in primary--she looks so quiet and shy, but she is a chatty cathy.
which only makes her more cute!

Andrea said...

Isn't it so nice to have a little get-away every once in a while? Looks like you all had fun!

Company EIGHT said...

Can I just say that I love that you have a redhead too? SO cute!

It looks like a really fun trip--I love getaways like that!

LilMisfit said...

So the first thing I thought of when I saw this post was, "When did Tara's kids get so old?" Everyone is adorable, but so grown up! I love Lily's songs! Her hair is getting so long. And I didn't realize that DJ had red hair until this post! Man...we don't see each other enough!

Bonny said...

Fun. Sounds great. I don't get out much except to dr appts too :) Two weeks from today! Glad you had fun with Courtney!

Laura Bernard said...

Hey Tara! Glad you got to get out and do something fun . . . Love the cheap pony ride. There's always a catch, huh?

I want you to know I've been thinking of you lots. I can't imagine how you do all you've done: seven kids, all the doctors, broken ankle. I know we all manage to find a way to survive, but I guess your survival is encouraging to me. So thanks for being a survivor, and a good one at that. And thanks for doing the Caring Bridge and your blog so that I can see how great you are!

Heidi said...

I love those swords! My kids all play with them on occasion.

It sounds like a fun, friend filled weekend! It is nice to get away.