Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My sweet baby girl Lily cut her hair today. First time ever. It's not too bad, or too much, but was quite a shock to me. She doesn't typically get into mischief. I saw the scissors on the floor and asked her to please put them away (didn't have a second thought about it). Then she moved and some hair fell. Then I saw another small clump of hair on the floor. I then asked her what she had been doing, and she just smiled. I added a bit of tone to my voice and asked her if she had just cut her hair. She said "yes", and smiled. I was surprised and asked her why she had cut her hair, and her response was "mom, you're not proud of me", in a sad, innocent voice. I hope she really didn't think that was going to make me proud, but just in case, I didn't scold her, just told her to always talk to me or ask me first before doing something. "At least she didn't cut her face", as she would say. haha She's such a beautiful girl. Anway, this is a picture of her at the piano. She can play Mary Had a Little Lamb and is quite proud of herself. I started teaching her, but she pretty much just took over and learned it herself by ear, practicing. It's very cute. She can also play a little duet with me which she loves.


The other night I read a book to the kids called "The Dumb Bunnies Easter". These "dumb bunnies" get all their holidays mixed up and do very punny, silly things. It is dumb, but it makes us laugh. After we were done reading, Toby and Lexi ran off to dress like dumb bunnies. Thanks Dave for capturing this dumb bunny memory! haha


And last but not least.....we got a lot of snow the other day. Brandon and Kyle built a really cool snow cave in our front yard (big enough for them to fit in, as you can see). :)

9 comments:

Sharlee said...

Fun stuff! You're a patient mom. I think there would have been more "tone" in my voice had my (girl if I had one) child taken scissors to her hair. Those are fun pictures all of them. (Is that for sale sign yours?)

Bonny said...

Oh, we had a neighbor cut her sister's hair, so we've had that conversation. Thank goodness they've listened. Such cute kids and fun things they do, minus the hair cut. I should get your address. I haven't even thought about Christmas cards yet. So busy. Take care, and I'm so glad things are more in control now. :)

Guymon Family said...

Hey Tara! I can totally relate to the hair cutting thing. Cate found the clippers the other day. I had trimmed Chris' hair and forgot to put them away. I heard a buzzing sound and thought hmmmm is that her toothbrush? No, what is that sound? Suddenly terror struck when It finally dawned on me she had the clippers! She thinned out her bangs, but fortunately it is not really all that noticable. Much better than the images that were going through my head as I sprinted to the bathroom!

schlenskefamily said...

I love the Dumb Bunnies!!!! I will show the boys tomorrow, they will think it hilarious! And Lily would be beautiful bald - no worries!

Christen Noelle said...

Tara I miss you and love you! I wish you lived next door too so we could go out...It's been a while.

Enjoy the snow!

Jordan Merrell said...

I love that lily was concerned that you weren't proud of her! That is the sweetest thing, but I know what you mean about hoping she wasn't really serious :) That is amazing that she figured out Mary had a little lamb. She is going to be very talented like her mother! Your kids are so cute and crack me up! Let me know if you need anything!!

Company EIGHT said...

Tara!! It was SO good to see you on my blog, and so glad you found me! Speaking of looking exactly them same...you totally do. Still young and beautiful---and you look really happy. You have such a darling family, and it's crazy to see how big the kids are.
I've been hoping we could get back in touch--it has been a long time! Merry Christmas!

AMIT said...

Good that u shown this pic.
BPO work from home

behka said...

Lily is so darling, can you get mad at such a girl? I have only had 1 daughter cut her hair. Hopefully we are done with that! The snow cave looks awesome!!